Saturday, July 26, 2014

Visiting A Friend From Back Home

Keith has a friend, Dave Violette, who still works for the FAA, and resides in Oklahoma City.  His parents happen to live just about 15 miles up the road from Keith's parents, in the quaint town of Bucksport, and he was here visiting, and invited us to meet him and his son at his dad's home.  We drove over there after lunch, and there was a festival going on in Bucksport with of all things -- a CAR SHOW!  

What a lucky girl am I!  (Yes, that would be sarcasm).  

We parked across the street, and all went and admired  the cars. A few people would cross the street to take pictures of Keith's car as well.  I even saw a car that I liked a lot, so I made sure I took pictures for future reference.  Who knows, maybe I can convince Keith to restore something like this for me someday, when we live in the mountains, surrounded by trails and waterfalls (Who knows?  It could happen!):

(Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos of some things I wanted to today, including Dave and his family. )



(The bridge to Bucksport).

After the car show, we changed into swimsuits and hung out in their pool for the afternoon.  They had solar heating for the pool, so the temp was perfect!  It was a nice sunny day, and it felt great although the breeze would chill you when you got out of the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment