Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bringing us up to date - New Jersey with Cousin Lori and Rich


Well, unfortunately, it's been 10 days since I blogged.  In my defense, we were without internet for quite a while.  Well, I guess if I was REALLY motivated I could have kept up on my phone, but I guess I've been spending too much time relaxing.  Sorry for the gap in updates.

We left Maine after staying at Keith's parents two and a half weeks, which became kind of funny, because we had lost track of time, and Keith remarked that we had been there two weeks already, and his mom reminded him that it was approaching THREE WEEKS!  We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them, and it went way too fast, as it always does.

I'm pretty sure that Saleen may have gained some weight, as someone in the family was very generous to her with treats at every meal. 

We left fairly early in the morning, to head to see his cousin Lori in New Jersey.  Lori is Keith's cousin, and they are the same age.  We left early, because well, we never know what to expect with the traffic.  We were going to have to pass through at least one of the boroughs of New York City, and well, there's a lot of folks there - and a lot of cars!  And even though it's been very cool most of this trip, there's not much worse than getting caught in bumper to bumper traffic with no air conditioning on a warm day.  Ugh.

Just a few views as we headed to New Jersey:




We ended up staying with Lorie and her husband, Rich, for two nights, and just had the best time.  I really enjoyed hearing Keith and her tell stories of their childhood.  They are a lot of fun to hang out with, and we ended up playing Apples to Apples, and getting to hang out at the pool in their community.  It was VERY NICE.  Their whole community is VERY NICE, with sidewalks leading every which way, and Saleen and I explored a lot of them in many different directions.  There was also lots of shuffleboard courts, and a nicely groomed crouquet court - but you have to be totally dressed in white, in order to play.  I wish I had gotten a pic of that.  The players looked so clean!








No comments:

Post a Comment